Covers insights on Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Google Search Algorithm Updates, Paid Search, Social Media to name a few . Jag's SEO A Day Blog help articles, tips and tricks are for free to educate newbie’s, web masters, online business owners and seasoned professionals!
Thursday, July 21, 2011
(1) Make sure you 301 redirect http://yoursite.com to http://www.yoursite.com (or either).
(2) Sort your site duplicate content issue by 301 redirection from http://www.yoursite.com/index.php to http://www.yoursite.com (goes with all page extensions like /.asp, /.htm, /.aspx and so).
(3) Have your site page URL search engine friendly. A page URL should not look like www.yoursite.com/innerpage?id=203. Have it with the desired page name, something like www.yoursite.com/203/your-name.
(4) If your site has N number of page and also if you post couple of content every day then it is recommended to have dynamic web sitemap & XML sitemap.
(5) Improve your site speed by resolving errors and optimizing image size.
(6) Have unique title for all dynamic pages. You can hard-code the system to have the page name in titles (Services or products).
(7) Configure custom 404 page for your website or point 404 to you sitemap.
(8) Use Google webmaster URL removal tool to get rid of unwanted page & broken link index.
(9) Use rel=" nofollow" to a link un-trusted page i.e. when you refer to a content through a link.
Follow the above technical SEO tips for your site and see the improvement in ranking and traffic. If you have clarification, feel free to contact me.
Thursday, December 25, 2008
Having been in this optimization industry for quite some time now, I have always found myself preaching people interested to make their blogs work for them and their organization, about many advantages that blogs are sure to bring, when seen from the SEO point of view.
I have put some of my ideas that I have always found as reasons how blogs can be useful for search engine optimization:
Refreshing and latest content:
Blogs usually contain content relating to the present state and also stuff that is fresh and good to be read, apart from the stale information that has been repeated by every other site. This kindles an interest in the readers to come back to your blog and keep them updated of whatever you write. This helps in getting more traffic to your site, thereby helping in optimizing your site.
Planned writing and proper content categorization:
When blogs are written on specific themes and categorized based on the topics, it makes it much easier for the search engines to spot your blog content easily, as they understand your blog much better when categorized properly.
Easy URL structure of blogs:
Usually blogs have simple URL structures. This helps the search engines to track the blogs easily, thereby conveying the message in your blogs to many other readers out there.
Deep linking of anchor texts in service related blogs, to information about the product or shopping pages, that are located deep inside the site, also proves to be highly useful, especially for long keyword phrases.
Linking among blogs:
When the content in blogs relate to each other, blogs can be linked together. Also when media attachments like audio, video and the likes are attached to blogs, they attract the attention of readers, which also adds to blog marketing.
Interactive advantage in blogs:
Make use of the advantage of interaction among the writer and the readers, in Blogs, among the readers. This is possible using trackback features, comments section in the blogs and the likes. Also, readers who have liked a particular blog or post, might even mention about your posts in their blogs or any other social media communities, that assists in getting more visitors to your blog, further resulting in incoming links. This, in turn, helps in the search engines to spot your blog easily, thereby ranking it among the top pages.
Register in Twitter.com:
Twitter is one of the best social messaging site that is free to use. Register in Twitter by adding your profile to it. Don’t forget to give this link when you give any good and valuable suggestions in other top blogs, along with following profiles of people who relate to your kind of writing. This way many will follow your profile as well. Now once this is done, as and when you write blogs you can post the link of it in your twitter page. Automatically your (my) profile followers would get the link and they would go through the content as well and also get benefit of tweets. This results in many inbound links and clicks, thereby increasing my SEO ranking as well.
Subscription to your RSS feeds would get in a good source of traffic into your blog site. And once the traffic is in, automatically the search engine rankings also increase.
Additional benefits of blogging:
The Directories advantage! Now that your blog has RSS feeds, it is possible that your blog would be clearly seen in the RSS and blog directories and search engines.
Hope above Tips and Ideas will help you understand how much Blog helps SEO :) Try out and let me know your feedback, cheers
You may also be interested in Other helpful SEO articles: