Covers insights on Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Google Search Algorithm Updates, Paid Search, Social Media to name a few . Jag's SEO A Day Blog help articles, tips and tricks are for free to educate newbie’s, web masters, online business owners and seasoned professionals!
Thursday, July 21, 2011
(1) Make sure you 301 redirect http://yoursite.com to http://www.yoursite.com (or either).
(2) Sort your site duplicate content issue by 301 redirection from http://www.yoursite.com/index.php to http://www.yoursite.com (goes with all page extensions like /.asp, /.htm, /.aspx and so).
(3) Have your site page URL search engine friendly. A page URL should not look like www.yoursite.com/innerpage?id=203. Have it with the desired page name, something like www.yoursite.com/203/your-name.
(4) If your site has N number of page and also if you post couple of content every day then it is recommended to have dynamic web sitemap & XML sitemap.
(5) Improve your site speed by resolving errors and optimizing image size.
(6) Have unique title for all dynamic pages. You can hard-code the system to have the page name in titles (Services or products).
(7) Configure custom 404 page for your website or point 404 to you sitemap.
(8) Use Google webmaster URL removal tool to get rid of unwanted page & broken link index.
(9) Use rel=" nofollow" to a link un-trusted page i.e. when you refer to a content through a link.
Follow the above technical SEO tips for your site and see the improvement in ranking and traffic. If you have clarification, feel free to contact me.
Friday, November 21, 2008
(1) Create Custom META and title tag - You can improve the SEO settings with this free SEO extension for Joomla 1.5.The SEO extension allows you to gain fully control over the META and title settings in the http header settings in Joomla 1.5 generated pages
(2) Google Sitemap - This extension used to integrate Google XML sitemap for more advanced Google indexing
(3) Simple SEO Plugin - This extension helps to receive instant feedback on what search engines really think your content is about.
(4) Search Engine Friendly (SEF) URLs - This extension enables Search Engine Friendly (SEF) URLs for categories & businesses names.
(5) SearchCloud and Lists - This module generates a Cloud or a List of popular search strings.Also we can set the number of items that will randomly appear at each page refresh.
Hope Joomla SEO Tips with Joomla SEO extensions was useful?, you may also like SEO related articles below,