Covers insights on Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Paid Search, Social Media, Google Search Algorithm Update to name a few . Jag's SEO a day blog articles and tips are for free to educate newbie’s, web masters, online business owners and seasoned professionals. Thank you for visiting the SEO A Day Blog.
Monday, February 17, 2014
(1) Can you show us why the competitor’s sites are ranking well even though my site is better when compared in all ways?
(Please don’t say it's because of domain age. Since we are in the industry we know the market share and the truth. The insight would help us to work on the site fixes.)
(2) Can you show a sample list of spam or poor quality backlinks other than mentioned in the manual action review request?
(3) Can you mention the algorithm update in webmaster tools that caused the traffic drop?
(We know that can be noticed from analytics or from search queries data. Suppose if you update 2 or more algorithm in consecutive weeks, the guess would be broad)
(4) Suppose my competitor hires a team to build my site links with bunch of spam and poor quality links, what would be the result after an algorithm update? I need to find those links to disavow and wait?
(5) WMT links to the site shows old data. This is a common issue raised by everybody. Suppose we removed links from spam sites and used disavow tool, how do we know that you have reviewed those updates and our disavow links did not make any sense?
(6) How do you expect more natural link juice for a commercial site with an age of 1 year old or 5 years old compared to 10 years old site or brand site?
(Do you really validate brand sites or is it something undercover?)
(In some case the 1 year or 5 years old site would be more preferred by users when compared to 10 years old site. Small or medium sized business need to be given a chance)
(7) Can you show the website search engine guidelines score compared to industry best website score?
(8) What if you feel that the site has quality less content / duplicate content and are supposed to be quality content to our knowledge. Can you show some samples?
Let Google shuffle the results, collect the data and show the results as users prefer.