SEO Web Design:
- Proper document structure, Page Heading and sub heading in <H1> followed by <H2>, <H3>, <H4>, <H5>, <H6> and Page content in <P> tags.
- Ensure main content appears near the top of a page in <body> start.
- Clean separation of data, styles, java script, client side scripting as external file.
- Add user Sitemap with all page URL's.
- Having Header and footer links in text format rather than images and avoid java script for adding links.
- Adding bread crumbs to all pages and it should look like Home (link) >> Services (link) >> SEO.
- Ensure page conforms to W3C accessibility standards (Additional Value).
- Click-able text in a hyperlink - Anchor text.
- Reducing Table structure, especially nested tables.
Read more - Search Engine Optimization (SEO) 101: Basics
SEO Web Development:
- Creating Search engine friendly URL's by removing Id’s and stop characters if it is a CMS site and page URL words can be separated by underscores or hyphens.
- Creating Meta data setup provision if it is a CMS site by way of adding and editing Title & Meta tags.
- Custom error 404 page for broken links.
- Generate dynamic RSS feeds for pages.
Read more - 10 Technical SEO tips to improve site SERPs and traffic
- Competitor analysis for finding out your Competitor business keywords.
- Adding anchor texts as keywords.
- Use long tail key phrases that has combination of keywords.
- Use Google suggest to identify most searched keywords and next most search keywords and so. Have those keywords combinations for promotion.
- Analyze your Google Analytics for search keywords and promote the keywords that list behind few pages. Find out the ratio of the visit conversion and work accordingly.
- Configure the site with Google, Yahoo and Bing Webmaster Tools to provide information about your site.
- * Make use of Google Webmaster tool to find broken links, server crawl ratio and server response and do necessary fixes if any.
- Make sure your default page is redirected to the domain so that the page rank is not shared for the same content.
- Use only unique content.
- * Never use any software to help you for SEO.
- * Adding robots to website, tell the search engines to index your site and which pages they should index.
- Improving content of existing web pages by adding optimized keywords.
- Use canonical tag to avoid search engine indexing site duplicate pages.
- Monitoring search results for optimised pages and improving with inlinks comparison and keywords results.
- Add robots.txt file to your site root to tell search engine bots what folders to be indexed and what not.
Read more - 5 Minutes Google Panda SEO Checklist
- Adding links to the identified Search engines, Business directories, yellow page, white pages, classifieds and websites.
- Social sites submission.
- RSS feed submission.
- Press release and News submission.
- Create a Blog and submit to Blog direcoties related to category.
- Human edited, local and Regional directory submission.
- Creating Pod cast and adding to Pod cast directories.
- Continuous link building to achieve page rank and improve backlinks.
- Do not add site to paid directories that doesn't follow Google guidelines.
- Do not submit your new site to 1000 of directories in one fine day. Be moderate and think for long term.
Read more - Secrets Behind Link Building & SEO tips for 2012.
Open Source SEO:
- Have content-based theme with will formatted CSS validation
- Use "All in SEO" Plugin" to have control over your blog post page Tilte and Meta tags
- Work on Blog Permalink to make it search engine friendly URL. Navigate to wordpress admin >> "Permalinks" >> "Custom structure" option to add the tag /%postname%/ for blog post search engine friendly URL
- Have you archive section enabled for you new visitors
- Use cloud tag for your blog that can help your site visitors to click on popular tags
- Use "Google Sitemaps" plugin to create sitemap.xml file and let Google know pages to be indexed
- Add your sitemap.xml file to Google, Yahoo and Bing Webmaster tools
- Configure Google Analytics and work on blog traffic progress.
- Setup Google Feedburner for your blog and have an option for blog visitors to subscribe for new blog posts.
Read more - Best 12 Wordpress SEO Tips and Advice
- Try to reduce code size of the default CSS by having only the suitable ones
- Path module in drupal needs to be enabled
- Meta tag Module needs to be configured
- Use robots.txt file to block unwant URL's
- Add breadcrums towards naviagtional structure
- Have your xml sitemap enabled and configure with Google webmaster tools
- Design drupal theme with XHTML to have the code size less
Read more - Top 10 Drupal SEO Tips and Advice
- SEO extension in Joomla gives helps you to manage the META and title settings.
- Search Engine Friendly (SEF) URLs extension creates Search Engine Friendly (SEF) URLs for page categories, sub categories, and any leavel of sub-pages.
- Simple SEO extension will show how search engines look at your content.
- Google Sitemap extension is used to generate and integrate Google XML sitemap for good indexing amoung Google and other major search engines.
- SearchCloud and Lists module creates Cloud or a List of popular search query.
Read more - Best 5 Joomla SEO Tips with Joomla SEO extensions