A to Z about Search Engine Optimization (SEO), a Internet Marketing Hand Book. In Jag's SEO a day help blog, SEO articles & tips are put together for free to educate SEO newbie’s, web designers, online business owners and seasoned SEO professionals. You're welcome to follow the blog for search & social media best practices. Thank you for visiting the SEO Help blog.
Sunday, July 24, 2011
If you search for your keywords and compare with your online competitors, your listing would be different based on many factors. Here many do think "how competitors site ranks well even if their Google Page Rank is low than my website".
You need to understand two points, first point is that the Page Rank you see through Google tool bar or any 3rd party online tool is of old data. These are tracked for Google’s internal references and they are no more related to SERP’s.
And point 2, site SERP’s varies based on content and quality backlinks with right anchor text related to the site subject and also sometimes there would be difference based on keyword page you focus. Keywords in home page ranks well then keywords in inner page. So compare all these SEO factors with your site and improve your SERP’s.
Like Jag's SEO a day blog Facebook page. Help the page to grow and reach all SEO help seekers :D
Thursday, July 21, 2011
(1) Make sure you 301 redirect http://yoursite.com to http://www.yoursite.com (or either).
(2) Sort your site duplicate content issue by 301 redirection from http://www.yoursite.com/index.php to http://www.yoursite.com (goes with all page extensions like /.asp, /.htm, /.aspx and so).
(3) Have your site page URL search engine friendly. A page URL should not look like www.yoursite.com/innerpage?id=203. Have it with the desired page name, something like www.yoursite.com/203/your-name.
(4) If your site has N number of page and also if you post couple of content every day then it is recommended to have dynamic web sitemap & XML sitemap.
(5) Improve your site speed by resolving errors and optimizing image size.
(6) Have unique title for all dynamic pages. You can hardcode the system to have the page name in titles (Services or products).
(7) Configure custom 404 page for your website or point 404 to you sitemap.
(8) Use Google webmaster URL removal tool to get rid of unwanted page & broken link index.
(9) Use rel=" nofollow" to a link un-trusted page i.e. when you refer to a content through a link.
Follow the above technical SEO tips for your site and see the improvement in ranking and traffic. If you have clarification, feel free to contact me.
Friday, July 01, 2011
Once you integrate Google Analytics & Google Webmaster tools, in Google Analytics you will see a navigation link "Search Engine Optimization" under "Traffic Sources".
Explore SEO reports. Enjoy!
Free SEO Webinar from Eric Enge, the Author of "The Art of SEO"
Wednesday, July 6 · 9:30pm - 10:30pm IST . 12 - 1 EST
Don't miss. Signup today!