- Directories, Yellow pages & classifieds
- Article writing
- Press release
- Gust blogging
- Gadget / Widget
- Social sites
- Commenting & reviews
- Community & groups
Covers insights on Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Paid Search, Social Media, Google Search Algorithm Update to name a few . Jag's SEO a day blog articles and tips are for free to educate newbie’s, web masters, online business owners and seasoned professionals. Thank you for visiting the SEO A Day Blog.
Thursday, June 23, 2011
- Inner pages rank better if you have unique quality content with keywords around. Do not stuff keywords in content.
- Make sure you write for users and then for search engines. This works best for conversion.
- Have unique meaningful page title, Meta tags & body titles with H tags.
- Improve your internal linking strategy by having breadcrumb, anchor text & sitemap.
- Also get quality backlinks through natural links, directory links & social sites links.
Typical robots.txt file will look like,
User-agent: *User-agent: * - Means this section applies to all robots
Disallow: - Means that the robot should not visit any pages in the mentioned folder.
If you have a single or multiple XML sitemap then do not miss the opportunity to add to the robots.txt file. Below is an example of how multiple xml sitemap can be added to robots.txt
Related Post: Everything about Meta Robots and robots.txt