We have much process and here are some important things,
1. Existing website structure analysis.
2. Competitor analysis, Keyword analysis and research.
3. Search engine marketing report.
4. Right Keywords identification according to targeted audience related to website.
5. More direct and keyword rich folder and file naming approach.
6. Adding optimized keywords to Meta tags & measuring keyword density on each page.
7. Adding breadcrumb trails to each page for internal links.
8. Adding robots to website, tell the search engines to index your site and which pages they should index.
9. Validating HTML http://validator.w3.org (optional)
11. Improving the HTML structure of pages by using heading tags, alt tags, div tags, etc.,
12. Improving home page and improving content of existing web pages by adding optimized keywords.
13. Adding links to the identified Search engines, Business directories and websites.
14. Continuous link building to achieve SERP's & page rank.
15. Configuring analytics to website.
16. Monitoring inbound links and monitoring referrals by Search Engines.
17. Monitoring search results for optimized pages.
18. Ongoing SEO Campaign report with analytics observation and ROI
Challenges involved to ensure that the website has high hits
First of all you need to ensure that you have a web statistics. Google Analytics is doing a good job and the interesting thing is that it is a free service.
The main challenge is to get to know your online business competition and analyze the competitor’s sites for their targeted search keywords and get to know were all their website is listed for referrals. The core area you need to focus is the content that sells your business service and products and having relevant page title with unique meta tags mainly the description part that helps search engines to display a snippet in search result, images with alt attribute that represent the content and to get good amount of quality links to your site from directories (like dmoz, Botw), article, news, press release, blog and social sites.
SEO is a long term process and the site online performance can take no more than two or three months and we can see good difference from half year or one and as the SEO campaign goes with long term we can see greater results that can generate mass quality traffic even for a single keyword term.