3 Simple and Important Factors
#1. Do not try to build bulk links in one day. Take time to get quality links. One quality link is equal to n number of quantity links.
#2. Make sure you follow keyword density, If you are already listed in #1 page below your competitor. Do not think only by increasing keywords in content can bring you the top position above your competitor. These can even result to removal of current organic listing or the result can be pushed to last.
#3. Write content for users experiences and not alone for Search Engine spiders.
Blog posts you may like,
• SEO Lies and SEO Truths
• Top 1 of the Bottomless SEO Tips
• Jag SEO write-ups in Google Knol Library
• How to do Mobile SEO? - Tips and Best Practices
• Does Google treat all links equally?
* The Blog post is copyrighted to Jagadeesh M and can only be reproduced given the author's permission. Unauthorized usage of the content is strictly prohibited and results in violation of the copyright laws.
Ask your SEO / SEM / SMM Questions in Search Engine Watch Forums . You will get answers from me and fellow search engine industry leaders. Best!