(1) To start with you need to think that you are going to target mobile users and not
desktop users. Plan for it.
(2) As told mobile users are different and as well mobile search engines are different like Google Mobile, Medio and Jumptap.
(3) Get a dotMobi domain and build your mobile web site, for the best and effective SEO.
This has more value than 'yourdomain.com/mobile' or 'm.yourdomain.com'
(4) Ensure that you don't use flash, Ajax, frames and other presentations. Make it simple and clean. This will help to load faster that serves users and as well for the bots to find it easy.
(5) Use compliant markup language and mobile-friendly style sheets (CSS). This means WML
(or WAP 1.0) / xHTML. Make sure you go for W3C's MobileOK guidelines
(6) Make sure that your mobile site code is crawl-able by using proper headers and
(7) Make use of the mobile predictive search key phrases that helps with your business and location. Optimize the mobile site based on the most preferred predictive search key
(8) Study you mobile audience and competitors rather than desktop audience and
competitors. Optimize your mobile site content with those mobile search key phrases and categories that your mobile audience will be using.
(12) Make sure that you have good level of outbound links and the navigation is easy to for users and bots.
(13) Ensure you key content is placed in the top part of the page as the users and bots will find it easy.
(14) Build sitemap xml for you mobile site and submit to Google Webmaster tool under
mobile sitemap section.
(15) Submit your mobile site to mobile search engines and top directories like dmoz in order to know about you site and to build inlinks.
Aim to work on these tips and practices to proceed with good mobile SEO. Configure Google Analytics for you mobile site and see the difference in your business from your mobile audience.
You may also read SEO related articles below,
- Best 5 Joomla SEO Tips with Joomla SEO extensions
- Best 12 Wordpress SEO Tips and Advice
- Top 10 Drupal SEO Tips and Advice
- Pick Your Target Keywords and Position Your Keywords Meant for Search Engine Eyes
- Secrets Behind Link Building
- Does Changing ip Effects Domain Search Engine Rankings?
- Domain Parking Practices In and Out
- Why Business Keywords Matter
- 30 SEO Tips in 30 Days
* The Blog post is copyrighted to Jagadeesh Mohan and can only be reproduced given the author's permission. Unauthorized usage of the content is strictly prohibited and results in violation of the copyright laws.
Ask your SEO / SEM / SMM Questions in Search Engine Watch Forums . You will get answers from me and fellow search engine industry leaders. Best!