Covers insights on Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Google Search Algorithm Updates, Paid Search, Social Media to name a few . Jag's SEO A Day Blog help articles, tips and tricks are for free to educate newbie’s, web masters, online business owners and seasoned professionals!
Sunday, June 29, 2008
Copy and paste the HTML below to include this SEO gadget on your webpage / blog
Screen shot below shows how the Google gadget looks
Share with your friends:
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Inbound links - Links to your site from other quality sites helps to increase a total Page RankThere are several techniques involved for Inbound and Outbound links balance
Outbound links - Links within your site, helps total rank distribution through out the pages and linking to other quality sites will also be recognized and honored by search engines :)
Inbound links can be obtained by link building based on various techniques, the below post links will help you on...
Outbound links are done through various ways listed below
(1) Breadcrumb Navigation looks like Home >> Articles >> SEO
(2) Head text links: Try to avoid image links and use CSS for look and feel
(3) Footer Text Links: Most of the site miss-opportunity to add text navigation links or use java script for adding links, for effective rank distribution we can add links in template or as an include file
(4) Sitemap - Contains links to every page of your site easy for rank distribution
(5) Anchor text: Use important text between the and tags in contents, it will help you a lot to tell search engine spiders about the linking page importance to respective keywords and also for rank distribution
(6) Linking to other quality site: If you find some information related to your site or your content and the site has real quality contents don't hesitate to link from your site, even rank distribution to other quality sites or information pages (Eg: Wiki) help your site to be ranked higher, which most of the people forget or fails to understand
Hope you got an idea on rank distribution, try and come back with your experience, thanks for your time.
Saturday, June 07, 2008
Changing IP has less impact on SE rankings and it can be undergone through ethical promotion in short time.Now Search engines are smart enough to find the change and to find why. You don't have to worry about it.
But, before changing you need to check out the below conditions
(1) your new host should not have loads of banned ip's because of spamming and you should not end up on one of those IP's, it will effect your rankings for sure
(2) your new host should not be often down, this will definitely have an impact on your rankings, check out the up-time before you host
(3) your new host should not ban spiders to save bandwidth, this can have an effect on search engine ranking
Now Google offers domain name registration through Google’s Apps partnered with GoDaddy and eNom, Google users can spend $10 for a 1 year private domain registration. For now Google offer, .com, .net,.org, .biz, and .info and we can expect more to come on the line, so i believe you dont have to worry about "changing IP effect ranking" when you go for Google, you can get fresh IP :)
For more from Google: Will switching hosting companies or changing my IP address affect my listing in Google?