Now SEO changed a lot in recent years, techniques followed in 2004 stopped working, then what addressed in 2005 stopped working in 2006, now its 2007 - 2008. Dont worry, here is a set of bad SEO ideas common to all.
To be avoided, if your want to stand long in search engines
1. Stuffing keywords in invisible text using CSS / JS / Flash
2. Purchasing Links
3. Implementing duplicate content
4. 302, temporary redirection
5. Use Session IDs on your URLs, search engine will not understand
6. Implementing your site in Flash, Your content is not in readable format for search engines
8. Cloaking / Doorway pages
Thanks for your time and support, leave a reply!