Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Help Articles & Tips Blog - Jag's SEO A Day Blog
A to Z about Search Engine Optimization (SEO), a Internet Marketing Hand Book. In Jag's SEO a day help blog, SEO articles & tips are put together for free to educate SEO newbie’s, web designers, online business owners and seasoned SEO professionals. You're welcome to follow the blog for search & social media best practices. Thank you for visiting the SEO Help blog.
Monday, November 26, 2012
SEO is not link building, not alone link building. Oh yeah, many do ask...I want my site to be SEO'ed. How many links do we require to rank top. Still many do not understand what's actually going on with SEO.
To the people who understand what actually SEO is...to them...it is Search Engine Optimization and to the people who don’t understand what SEO is...to them...it is Search Experience Optimization.
Search Experience Optimization deals with many factors. First of all users experience have to be considered. Here are the lists of factors by importance,
• Site load speed
• Relevant information or products based on the search query.
• Overall quality content to reduce bounce rate.
• Fresh content without typos or grammatical errors. This increases time spent on the site and as well controls bounce rate.
• Relevant internal links.
• User interaction information related to services or products.
• Search Engine friendly website structure, SEF URL's, canonical, relevant file name for images, unique title and Meta related to page content.
• Details like testimonials, news release and contact address improves trust ability and increases returning visitors & referrals.
• Social signals through bookmarking
• Finally back links from relevant sites i.e. link popularity.
Google & Bing algorithms have hundreds of signals to evaluate the site for ranking. Different elements of the above mentioned points will help to meet those hundreds of search engine signals which leads to search experience optimization.
Friday, September 07, 2012
As we all know ecommerce website promotion is a big challenge in online marketing industry and social media promotional area helps ecommerce site promotion through both direct conversation and as well by influencing the organic listing. Here you can find 5 solid tips that can help you to win it.
(1) Get to know where your type of customers are available - It can be from Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Plus, Pinterest etc. There are many social media site that can help your business to grow in sales volume or to increase you brand presence which can finally lead to a returning conversation.
(2) Find your competitors and monitor what they do - Get to know the social sites in which your competitors are active and the content type they publish. Also look for the page views, followers, and fans of their social profiles how they involve in specific product promotion.
(3) Provide offers through social media - Mention exclusive Offers like coupon, holiday specials, free shipping etc.
(4) Engage customers - Write interesting articles and blog posts about specific products and its features and post it in your social sites profiles. Ask questions / reply to queries and conduct poll to make the place lively.
(5) Don’t use the company profile for direct product selling - Get facts and figures on your products and the specialty of the products. Make your company profile interesting and not boring.
These are the basic tips that can be followed for a start. As you cover these...you will be learning new areas based on the profile insight popularity and conversion statistics. For more insight feel free to drop your lines in comment section.
Thursday, May 31, 2012
As we all know there are thousands of SEO extensions for Google Chrome. Here are the 5 SEO tools I would recommend to understand and improve the site SEO factors.
(1) SEO for Chrome
This tool SEO for Chrome provides SEO Tools like to find Pages indexed, competitive analysis, keyword research, backlink checks, pagerank checks etc.
2) SEO SERP
A simple SERPS tool to check the position for a list of websites for a given keyword.
(3) SEO Site Tools
This tool provides the Social Media information, external page data, HTML and CSS Validation etc.
(4) SEO Professional Toolbar
This tool stores the rank and backlinks history for selected sites.
This tool shows the important SEO metrics and also compares link metrics for Google, Bing and Yahoo! with the SERP.
These SEO extensions for chrome can help you get an overall audit of your website popularity and these tools can help to improve the site performance in a better way.
Friday, March 30, 2012
Here are the 5 other search engines, your audience may be looking for information. Do not take charge only on Google. It is recommended for small & large business to focus on the below search engine too.
Again these are based on your global business. You need to study where your audience exists and then target accordingly. Optimize your site for user’s experience and not for search engines alone. Build quality backlinks and not quantity backlinks. Write unique content and with all these factors stay at the forefront of your competitors.
Tuesday, February 28, 2012
(1) Proofread what you have written. Print it and proofread again. Invest more time.
(2) Identify strong headline and summary with most related & preferred keywords. Grab readers and search engines attention.
(3) Have a professional content writer and provide her/him a draft of your content. Make sure the writer understands the requirement. Read the content two to three times.
(4) Write for your audience. Apart from stating your products and businesses launches do mention about the experience your type of audience will feel.
(5) Have your press release with info-graphics, links and videos.
(6) Use anchor text and hyperlinks to point to your site and products/services page.
(7) Give examples of solutions you have provided with your products & services.
(8) Don't feel shy or afraid of mentioning your success. Highlight your success stories.
(9) Provide introduction for your products and services and for more details, provide links that goes to your web pages.
(10) Write the facts and shorten the story with fewer words with well picked search keyword phrases.