Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Help Articles & Tips Blog - Jag's SEO A Day Blog
A to Z about Search Engine Optimization (SEO), a Internet Marketing Hand Book. In Jag's SEO a day help blog, SEO articles & tips are put together for free to educate SEO newbie’s, web designers, online business owners and seasoned SEO professionals. You're welcome to follow the blog for search & social media best practices. Thank you for visiting the SEO Help blog.
Monday, February 17, 2014
(1) Can you show us why the competitor’s sites are ranking well even though my site is better when compared in all ways?
(Please don’t say it's because of domain age. Since we are in the industry we know the market share and the truth. The insight would help us to work on the site fixes.)
(2) Can you show a sample list of spam or poor quality backlinks other than mentioned in the manual action review request?
(3) Can you mention the algorithm update in webmaster tools that caused the traffic drop?
(We know that can be noticed from analytics or from search queries data. Suppose if you update 2 or more algorithm in consecutive weeks, the guess would be broad)
(4) Suppose my competitor hires a team to build my site links with bunch of spam and poor quality links, what would be the result after an algorithm update? I need to find those links to disavow and wait?
(5) WMT links to the site shows old data. This is a common issue raised by everybody. Suppose we removed links from spam sites and used disavow tool, how do we know that you have reviewed those updates and our disavow links did not make any sense?
(6) How do you expect more natural link juice for a commercial site with an age of 1 year old or 5 years old compared to 10 years old site or brand site?
(Do you really validate brand sites or is it something undercover?)
(In some case the 1 year or 5 years old site would be more preferred by users when compared to 10 years old site. Small or medium sized business need to be given a chance)
(7) Can you show the website search engine guidelines score compared to industry best website score?
(8) What if you feel that the site has quality less content / duplicate content and are supposed to be quality content to our knowledge. Can you show some samples?
Let Google shuffle the results, collect the data and show the results as users prefer.
Wednesday, July 31, 2013
# This Disavow Report was created on Date, year (Today) for domain.com
# This report includes links of 2 prior reports submitted on Month Date, Month Date
# This report also contains new data added today, Month Date
# We have request webmaster to remove our links from their domain. The links from the following domain were cleaned up
# The webmaster did not respond. The links from the following domain were not cleaned up
# The below blogspot has differnt ccTLDs. We assume Google will apply disavow to all ccTLDs.
Customize the disavow text with links as per your requirements. The above format will help Google guys to understand easily. Here Domain: refers to the entire set of links in the domain and the specific link refers itself.
Go to disavow tool by logging using Google webmaster owner account and upload disavow.txt file. You're done. Wait for the changes to happen!
Monday, November 26, 2012
SEO is not link building, not alone link building. Oh yeah, many do ask...I want my site to be SEO'ed. How many links do we require to rank top. Still many do not understand what's actually going on with SEO.
To the people who understand what actually SEO is...to them...it is Search Engine Optimization and to the people who don’t understand what SEO is...to them...it is Search Experience Optimization.
Search Experience Optimization deals with many factors. First of all users experience have to be considered. Here are the lists of factors by importance,
• Site load speed
• Relevant information or products based on the search query.
• Overall quality content to reduce bounce rate.
• Fresh content without typos or grammatical errors. This increases time spent on the site and as well controls bounce rate.
• Relevant internal links.
• User interaction information related to services or products.
• Search Engine friendly website structure, SEF URL's, canonical, relevant file name for images, unique title and Meta related to page content.
• Details like testimonials, news release and contact address improves trust ability and increases returning visitors & referrals.
• Social signals through bookmarking
• Finally back links from relevant sites i.e. link popularity.
Google & Bing algorithms have hundreds of signals to evaluate the site for ranking. Different elements of the above mentioned points will help to meet those hundreds of search engine signals which leads to search experience optimization.
Friday, September 07, 2012
As we all know ecommerce website promotion is a big challenge in online marketing industry and social media promotional area helps ecommerce site promotion through both direct conversation and as well by influencing the organic listing. Here you can find 5 solid tips that can help you to win it.
(1) Get to know where your type of customers are available - It can be from Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Plus, Pinterest etc. There are many social media site that can help your business to grow in sales volume or to increase you brand presence which can finally lead to a returning conversation.
(2) Find your competitors and monitor what they do - Get to know the social sites in which your competitors are active and the content type they publish. Also look for the page views, followers, and fans of their social profiles how they involve in specific product promotion.
(3) Provide offers through social media - Mention exclusive Offers like coupon, holiday specials, free shipping etc.
(4) Engage customers - Write interesting articles and blog posts about specific products and its features and post it in your social sites profiles. Ask questions / reply to queries and conduct poll to make the place lively.
(5) Don’t use the company profile for direct product selling - Get facts and figures on your products and the specialty of the products. Make your company profile interesting and not boring.
These are the basic tips that can be followed for a start. As you cover these...you will be learning new areas based on the profile insight popularity and conversion statistics. For more insight feel free to drop your lines in comment section.
Thursday, May 31, 2012
As we all know there are thousands of SEO extensions for Google Chrome. Here are the 5 SEO tools I would recommend to understand and improve the site SEO factors.
(1) SEO for Chrome
This tool SEO for Chrome provides SEO Tools like to find Pages indexed, competitive analysis, keyword research, backlink checks, pagerank checks etc.
2) SEO SERP
A simple SERPS tool to check the position for a list of websites for a given keyword.
(3) SEO Site Tools
This tool provides the Social Media information, external page data, HTML and CSS Validation etc.
(4) SEO Professional Toolbar
This tool stores the rank and backlinks history for selected sites.
This tool shows the important SEO metrics and also compares link metrics for Google, Bing and Yahoo! with the SERP.
These SEO extensions for chrome can help you get an overall audit of your website popularity and these tools can help to improve the site performance in a better way.